By Lebogang Mgiba, Digital Director at The Press Office.
There has been a lot of content marketing articles the past few years around the rise of video as a content format but what does that mean? It’s no secret that Facebook native videos get more engagement compared to embedded YouTube videos. Video content should be part of every organisation’s digital strategy because there’s proof that it’s effective.
The digital landscape is forever changing and the truth of the matter is that marketers and content creators need to constantly stay abreast of new trends. However we should never ignore the local context and the fact that data is still expensive in South Africa, so creating a 10-minute video puts you at a disadvantage since fewer people will watch your videos.
HubSpot shared some interesting stats around the impact of video content marketing and what the future looks like:
- A video is projected to claim more than 80% of all web traffic by 2019.
- Adding a video to marketing emails can boost click-through rates by 200-300%.
- Embedding videos in landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%.
- 90% of customers report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions.
- According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year.
- 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it.
- 87% of online marketers are currently using video content in their digital marketing strategies.
- A third of all the time people spend online is dedicated to watching videos.
- Video ads now account for more than 35% of all ad spending online.
- 59% of company decision makers would rather watch a video than read an article or blog post.
If you’re going to publish videos on your page, make sure you promote them to get better views and Facebook gives you top analytics so that you can measure your performance and see what you can improve.